Friday, January 17, 2014

Mike And Tom Eat Snacks: Ratings

Last September I started a project. As a loyal viewer, I had already listened to every episode of the Mike And Tom Eat Snacks podcast (MATES). I went back and listened to each one again, this time rating each podcast using their system, 0 to 10. To be clear, I was rating the podcast, not the snacks. 

My methodology borrowed from Tom's ranking structure. If I imagined every podcast was available to me, how likely would I want to listen to this particular podcast. This explains why most episodes received at least a 5. To me, even the worst MATES is still pretty good. 

Anyways, here are my personal, subjective ratings. 



A few notes:

Episode 38 (guacamole) received my first perfect 10.
Episode 62 (smarties) received the only other perfect 10 rating.

There were three episode that received a 9.5:
12 (microwave popcorn)
23 (fig newtons)
41 (kroger's very cherry jelly belly pudding snacks)

Two episodes received my lowest rating, a 4.5
8 (crudite)
74 (marzipan)

Episodes 1-41 were produced without any affiliation
Episodes 42+ were produced by Nerdist

Episodes 71-77 were produced "on the run from the Hostess goons." On first blush I hated these episodes. On second listen, I thought they were just okay.



1 comment: