Friday, January 10, 2014

What I Miss At Trader Joe's

The first Trader Joe's is set to open in Colorado on Feb 14. The last time I lived in a place with a Trader Joe's was Oak Park, 2.5 years ago. (I did go to a Trader Joe's in December 2011, visiting O'Fallon for Christmas. Had to drive an hour into St. Louis.)

Back in Oak Park, we would joke that we would have to make road trips to the nearest location once we lived in Denver. (Pack ya bags, we're going to Santa Fe!)

Since then, I've adjusted to the local basic grocery stores. But there are legitimately a few things that I haven't been able to replace or replicate.

Now that's it about a month away, I'm asking myself, what do I miss the most?

Here's what came to mind:

Just Mango Slices
No one else does it like this. No sugar. Just dried mango, that's soft and a little chewy.

Mango Smoothie in the refrigerated section
Something about how TJ does mango.

Peanut Butter Cups
These are crazy good. Way better than Reese's, which are already pretty good.

Orange Chicken (frozen section)
Pair this with some broccoli and you've got yourself a meal, baby. (Not a stew)

Plantain Chips
Again, where else can you find these? Cheap, tasty and (sort of) fruit.

Off the top of my head, these are also good, though it's not like I've been thinking about them: Joe Joes, Peanut Butter Goodies, soft chocolate chip cookies, Midnight Moo, chocolate milk, granola, naan, pear sauce.

I just googled to see what else I should get/try. Cookie butter, mac & cheese. Fair enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment