Monday, January 13, 2014

NFL Network Bullshit

I'm not saying it doesn't make business sense, but this is pretty much bullshit.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2014/01/13/Media/Thurs-NFL.aspx

The NFL Network is trying to sell the first 8 Thursday night games to a different network. It's revealed that the plan all along for the NFL Network was:

"This has always been the plan -- to use the full-season package to get higher carriage fees and get on Time Warner Cable, then sell off half the package"

Let me get this straight. The NFL puts 13 games on Thursdays on their own network, leading consumers to demand their cable companies carry NFL Network. The NFL makes a ton of money by getting their network on Cable. Then takes away 61.5% of those games. If I was Time Warner I would want 61.5% of my money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment