Saturday, January 09, 2016

My first Madden 16 Online game

I've never been very interested in online video games. I hate it if there's any lag and there's something comforting to me about not playing against another person. Perhaps, I'm too competitive and it makes losing easier to handle. On the PS3 it was free, but on the PS4 you have to pay $50/year for online access. It's not that much but I didn't want it anyways, so I never paid.

Over Christmas break, Grant was messing around and activated a free two-day trial.

So I figured I would try out Rocket League online as well as one game of Madden. I figured I would be severely overmatched in my first game. Here's what happened:

My custom team (Froyo in Lions uniforms) was paired against a custom Chargers team. I have no idea if this is his 1st or 50th online game.

I received the ball first. I had three first half possessions. I got a touchdown on one, was intercepted on another, and I think I punted the other time. The other guy got a touchdown and field goal and was driving before the end of the half. He was up 10-7 and had the ball on my 18 yard line with 5 seconds left. He could have taken a field goal. Instead he goes for it.




He gets the ball to start the 2nd half, still up 10-7. On the second play, this happens:



Eric Berry! I use the short field and convert it into a touchdown. 14-10 good guys.

Then I miraculously force a punt.

I start running the ball and try to run out the clock. I'm facing a 3rd and 12 with 2:10 in the game.




A few plays later and he's out of timeouts. I'm facing 3rd and 8. If I convert, I can run the clock out.



It didn't look good early on. Could easily have been a 24-7 game if he scored at the end of the first and half and getting the ball in the second half. Heck of a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment