Friday, March 25, 2016

Rocket League Online: A Revenge Story

A little over a month ago, I paid for the ability to play Rocket League online. Since then, I've played a lot. They have a competitive circuit where you get a ranking and try and move up the ranks. Out of 15 ranks, I'm in the 5th from the bottom in 1v1 and 2v2 and only 3rd from the bottom in 3v3. So I'm by no means an all-star. Anyways, I was taking a break from the competitive circuit and played a game of unranked doubles. So win or lose, it doesn't affect your ranking.

Game One

I was matched up against, let's just call them Opponent A and Opponent B. My teammate wasn't very strong. When it was still 0-0, I passed it to him for an open shot on goal and he flubbed it. Hey, it happens. I had a bunch of shots that looked pretty but ended up hitting the crossbar or post. They got up 3-0. Then we scored one. And in the on-screen chat, Opponent B says "luck." They're winning 3-1 and a quick look at the stats shows that Opponent A is carrying their team, but he feels the need to cut us down. So I'm pissed and I want a rematch. 

Game Two

My teammate leaves and I get a new one, but I'm still facing the same opponents. Similar story, they get out to a 3-0 lead. We score one and they say luck again. We actually pull off a nice comeback and tie the game at 3-3 with 8 seconds left. And then on the kickoff, my teammate whiffs on one and they win with 1 second left. 

Game Three

We all do a rematch of the same teams. Again they get out an early lead, maybe 3-1, but we come all the way back and win 5-3. Satisfying. In the chat, Opponent A says "rematch that was all luck." I was planning on leaving after the win, but once I saw that I couldn't resist. I felt like they weren't that good and I had been unlucky in the first game. 

Game Four

So we do a rematch except I get a new teammate. He of course, knows nothing of any of these game or previous chats, so he's walking into a tense situation blind. Anyways, I recorded the full game from my perspective:



So there you have it. The biggest blowout win I've ever had in Rocket League at the perfect time. At the end, both opponents immediately left without saying a word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment