Sunday, January 13, 2019

Hoagie Central history on Mahomes

The very first time I ever wrote Mahomes name on this blog was September 12, 2017.

The post was called: QB First Contract Super Bowl Window. The Chiefs had just beaten the defending champs in Foxboro with Alex Smith, but I was already looking forward to Mahomes. The Chiefs had traded up to get him and the fans had seen enough in the 2017 preseason to be excited.

The next time I mentioned him was after the playoff collapse to the Titans. I called him a Pro Bowl level QB and the guy hadn't played a meaningful game in the NFL yet.

Before the Pats lost to Philly Philly, I was writing about the Chiefs Super Bowl window with Mahomes.

In March, I was predicting big things for the KC offense. They just put up the 3rd most points in NFL history.

In April, I was pretty damn spot on in running through the whole schedule.

So yeah, I've been in on Mahomes since the beginning. Feels good. Not so much the being right, just that this is real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment