Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Creative Insticts

This is a brief follow-up to this post, my best post of 2018.

I've noticed that whenever I see or hear something that impresses me, my first instinct is that I should create my own version.

I listen to Radiolab and I think I should become a radio journalist. That I should get some audiorecorders and start making my own long-form stories.

I remember fondly the Oregon Trail game from the 90s and think that I should make a modern version. I find programming sites and jump into coding.

...

And then I realize that I don't really want to make my own Radiolab. I just think they're really good at what they do.

There's moments where I want to do X and moments for Y and Z, and on and on, but I don't have time or energy (or the skills and resources) to do everything. So I often have to take a step back and focus on what I really want to do.

...it's an ongoing struggle where I often lack clarity.






No comments:

Post a Comment