Friday, August 23, 2019

Madden 20

With Mahomes on the cover, I couldn't not try out Madden 20. (I play with 3 minute quarters so each game only takes about 20 minutes, but the stats aren't going to replicate a full NFL game's stats.)

I jumped into Franchise mode and after two games Damien Wilson comes to me and complains about not getting enough touches. I mean we're 2-0 and have the reigning MVP, but sure he wants his carries. When I reassure him that I'll get him in the game plan his morale goes up. In this video you can see the conversation and the first quarter how I tried to get him involved.



So the Chiefs win that game and then Watkins comes to me and says he's not getting enough balls thrown his way. Seriously? We're trying to win the freaking Super Bowl and started 3-0. Why is everyone cranky? So here's the first drive. I did get Watkins involved and then the craziest highlight I've had occurred at the end of this video.



And then at the end of the game, I figured I might as well take a shot on the last play of the game:



So we had a big win on SNF and I fed Watkins. We come off the field and here's what I see (at the 1:40 mark)



Seriously? -5 morale? He had the most receptions and yards. If it wasn't for the flukey 62-yard pass at the end to Hill, Watkins would have had 141 of the team's 203 passing yards. That's not good enough for him? Or is his pissed that Hill came up with two fluky bombs?

Pretty typical for Madden in the last 15 years, that there's a cool feature that ends up not working as well as advertised.



1 comment:

  1. Lots of things wrong with this post/game. First of all, the Lions aren't losing to the Chiefs, especially at home. Second, did Andy Reid go on a diet for this game? Third, the Colts have a QB named Luck? Yeah right. They'll need some luck. Fourth, Hill fighting for a ball against a grown man? Not really a guy who picks on someone his own size.

    The only accurate thing is that Sammy Watkins is a dick. No wonder a really talented receiver is on his third team.

    ReplyDelete