Saturday, September 21, 2019

Derren Brown!!

Although I discovered him around 2008 or 2009, I didn't write about him until 2016. Here's that post where I shared some of my favorite videos. (I just went back and made sure all the links are still active.)

In the last few years, I started accepting that I might never get to see him live. His shows are usually in the UK and who knows how long he'll continue to do stage shows.

In July this year, I went to his site and saw that he was doing a new tour in 2020 called Showman. "Derren is back with first brand-new UK theatre show in five years." I looked at the UK tour sites hoping for a Dublin or London. I figured it would be feasible to fly in for a three-day weekend kind of thing. No Dublin or London though, just smaller cities. So I set up a Google Alert for 2020 derren brown tour, hoping that he would add the big cities.

I've been getting lots of alerts for the UK show so I had kinda stopped paying attention to them. And then yesterday I got this:



I almost deleted it without thinking about it, but I made a connection...Broadway. We have a family vacation already scheduled to NYC in October...

Sure enough, Derren has a short run NYC show called Secret. So what did I do?

I bought a ticket on the floor for October 18. In less than a month I'm going to see Derren Brown on Broadway. Expect a full review.

No comments:

Post a Comment