Thursday, September 17, 2020

Peeking at the Chiefs Schedule

First off, the last time I saw the Chiefs win a game in person was in 2017. Jamaal Charles was in the game. As a Bronco. Gross.

The last two games I saw in person were in 2017 (loss to Bills) and 2019 (loss to Colts)

I didn't go to a game in 2018 (partially because I thought I might get tickets through work and partially because I got fired and couldn't justify spending the money.)

And now it's 2020 and I'm unlikely to go because of Covid. 

- - -

Real quick, I might as well look at the 8 home games and think about them anyways. 

September

Texans, NFL opening night, SB LIV banner ceremony

October

Patriots, Sunday afternoon, Cam Newton
LV Raiders, Sunday noon

November

Jets, Sunday noon
Panthers, Sunday noon

December

Broncos, Sunday night football
Falcons, Sunday noon
Chargers, Sunday noon


I gotta say, from a fan attending games perspective, kind of a dud schedule. I wouldn't pick a December game because you never know when it's going to be miserably cold.

As for the Hit List, the only two teams on this schedule I've seen be defeated are the Broncos and Raiders.

Obviously the opener with the first Super Bowl banner ceremony of my lifetime is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Even in a Covid-free world, I doubt I would have gone as tickets would have been crazy expensive. The November opponents are duds. So that really leaves the two in October. And I'm kinda sick of the Patriots, even the Brady-less ones. 

- - -

Taking away the question of attending, what games will be best to watch?

Week 3, MNF at Ravens
Week 4, Patriots
Week 6, TNF at Bills
Week 7 at Mile High
Week 11, SNF at Las Vegas, literally on my birthday
Week 12, at Brady's Bucs
Week 15 at the Superdome, Mahomes vs Brees

So yeah, I just listed the most interesting 7 games, and 6 are road games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment