Monday, September 14, 2020

The NFL Is Back

 So for the history of ever, we've been told that NFL teams need 4 preseason games. The teams that play the Hall of Fame game in Canton, play 5! This year, no team played any preseason games. So I was prepared for lots of missed tackling, muffed punts, etc. But the games played out exactly like any other week one. 

The reason we have preseason is so owners can sell 10 home games at full price instead of 8 on season tickets. Literally, these are your most loyal fans who buy season tickets, and owners love the chance to screw them over for $$$. 

Turns out we don't need any preseason games ever. 

- - -

Things I Was Right About In Week One So I'm Going To Overreact And Claim These Are Already Correct

1. I was real down on the 49ers due to the Super Bowl Hangover effect. Clearly, I am already correct on this one. I predicted Seahawks and Rams to finish ahead of 49ers. 

2. I was right on Saints over Bucs.

3. In the NFC North, I was right on Packers & Bears over Vikings & Lions. 

4. I called Bills as a first place team and Jets as a last place team.

5. My top 4 teams: Chiefs, Ravens, Seahawks, Saints all looked great.


Things I Was Wrong About In Week One So I'm Going To Be Cautious And Wait To See If Things Change

1. I thought Jags were a last place team, but maybe that was just a fluky win. 

2. I thought Cowboys would win their division, but what a bad call, eh?

3. I thought Colts wild be a wild-card team, but...actually Rivers is washed up. That one's on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment