Friday, May 28, 2021

Golden Knights vs Avs: Series Preview

The two best teams in the NHL are meeting in the 2nd round of the playoffs. 

That's not a judgement call either. Colorado and Vegas both earned 82 points in a 56-game season this year. Colorado earned home ice and the President's Trophy through a tiebreaker. (They split their 8 head-to-head matchups so I'm not exactly sure what the tiebreaker was. One of Vegas' wins was in OT, so perhaps that was it.)

I was hoping to get revenge on the Wild from 2014, but instead they'll be on the golf course. 

Before the playoffs started, I believed one of Colorado-Vegas would win the Cup, I just didn't know which one. I think it's fitting that the Avs and Golden Knights will settle it on the ice. I've never seen the Avs make it past the second round. Now's a good time to do it. 

This series should be a bloodbath. But if it does indeed go seven, at least the Avs will have home ice.

Puck drops Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment