Saturday, May 01, 2021

The Favorites

Here is something that is absolutely true. 

I follow two professional sports teams: Kansas City Chiefs and Colorado Avalanche. 

In 2013, they both had the #1 pick in the draft. (Chiefs were the worst team in the NFL, Avalanche were the 2nd worst team in the NHL but won the lottery.) 

It is now 2021, and both teams are the favorites to win the next championships. 

The Chiefs drafted Eric Fisher and already won a Super Bowl with him. Might have won back to back if he hadn't been injured in Super Bowl LV. 

The Avalanche drafted Nathan MacKinnon and are hoping that he lifts the Cup in July. 

For most of my life, my sports teams have been disappointing in some form or another. So it's weird to be like, yeah, my teams are the favorites. 

I think the Avs are going to win the Cup and I think the Chiefs are going to go to their third straight Super Bowl. Insane to imagine back in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment