Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Breaking: Chicago Bulls have acquired Dave Fymbo (F) on day 4 of free agency.



The Bulls have been aggressive and wasted no time signing Dave Fymbo. Coach Donovan cited Fymbo's poor motor, below-average wingspan and impressive blog as exactly what they were looking for in a fan. 

- - -

Drafting Ayo while I happened to be visiting Chicago for the first time in 6 years (and getting nostalgic) was a nice touch. 

Building a fun roster is nice. Having the best starting lineup intro music helps too. But a big chunk was realizing that I've picked up a team everywhere I've lived except Chicago. 

Chiefs obviously were first. 
Illinois athletics came next. 
I lived in Chicago for six years without adopting a team. 
Then I became an Avalanche fan upon moving to Denver. 

So as of last week, I had college sports, the NFL and NHL covered. That leaves the NBA and MLB (and MLS I guess) as vacancies.

I like basketball a lot more than baseball, so this is a nice fit all around. Maybe one day I'll be old and living in a new city and adopt a baseball team. 

I hadn't planned on becoming a fan of wherever Ayo went, but this works out nicely. I've never really had an NBA team and that's been perfectly fine since I don't love the NBA that much. We'll see if this lasts longer than my Deron Williams Utah Jazz phase or my extremely casual fondness of the Nuggets when I lived in Denver or my passing interest in OKC because they're the closest team to KC. 

- - -

For reference, here's the current Bulls roster.

When I lived in Chicago, the only pro sports games were 2 Blackhawks games. I saw Crosby live and a Red Wings/Blackhawks game. It reaffirmed I liked live hockey but didn't care for the Blackhawks. They won the Cup in 2010 when I still lived in Oak Park and I felt nothing. 

But I can say, I've been to a game in the United Center. 

And in fact, the only NBA game I've ever been to in my life...the Bulls won. 

My parents took me to an exhibition Bulls-Timberwolves game in Kansas City in 1991. 

So there you go, I'm undefeated in attending Bulls games.

No comments:

Post a Comment