Saturday, August 21, 2021

disc golf 8.21.21

I had such a good time playing disc golf with Mark last weekend that I went out this morning by myself. Managed to get over 7000 steps in by 11am. It's free, good exercise, and it was nice and cool this morning. Good deal. 

It was my first time at this course. I took some pictures. 


Some holes had three different pin placements, some only had one. Above, the markers are indicating that there are currently baskets at pin a and pin c. I like multiple pin placements, but I prefer only one active at a time. Don't make me choose. 

The picture below is a tight tee shot.


On #4 I had an incredible hammer throw on my 2nd shot but I left my par putt just a bit short, hitting the basket. 

On #5, I once again did a nice hammer throw on my second shot (pictured below). This time I made the putt for my first par of the day. 


#8 has a ravine protecting it. My tee shot hit a tree so I had this left as my 3rd shot. I managed to get across the ravine. My putt hit the top of the basket and bounced out for a +2. 


This is the tee shot from #9, you have to cross the ravine you just got across on the previous hole.



This is where my drive landed on #9, my best drive of the day. From here my approach was not perfect but I did make a decent putt to claim the par.


The pin on #12 is special. Elevated with a ton of trees surrounding it. Still managed to get 4 on a par 3.



And then I hit my best putt of the day on 18. I was tired and didn't want to think about it. I just walked up and banged my putt. You can see the line of discs that I stood behind.





So 4 pars, 8 bogeys, 6 double bogeys. It was clear to me on the course that par is the best I can hope for. My best drive of the day was on #9 and it still left me with an approach shot, not a birdie putt. 

And when you look at my outcomes, it's very true that for me, +1 on each hole is actually par for my experience. 

So in terms of evaluating my scores moving forward, I think it's accurate to include a +1 handicap on each hole. So that would translate to 4 birdies, 8 pars, 6 bogeys for a round total of +2. Which means that my goal in the future would be to get par for the course or even break par, including this handicap.
Here's an updated scorecard that includes that handicap. 


There were three makable putts that I missed, plus I would expect to get better the more I play this course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment