Sunday, November 13, 2022

World Cup 2022: Who I'm Rooting For

Tier One

USA

I'm a US Soccer fan first and foremost. In things like Olympic Basketball, it's not really fun to root for USA because it's typically a forgone conclusion. But in Olympic Curling or the World Cup? Yes, it is absolutely fun to compete with the best on an international stage. 

Tier Two

Spain
Belgium
Croatia
Serbia
Ecuador
Tunisia
Qatar

These are my Calcutta teams for this year. So I'm absolutely rooting for my teams to bring me a title that only comes around every four years. 

Tier Three

I did my 23 and Me and my ancestry results give me in this order:

Germany
Poland
Sweden
Denmark
England

The only team that didn't qualify from this list is Sweden, so there's four more countries I'm rooting for. 

My three favorite countries I've visited are Italy, Jamaica and Argentina. Of these, only Argentina qualified. 

So including Argentina that's 13 out of 32 countries that I have a reason to root for. 

Of course, I think Brazil is going to win. If that happens it would prove me right, but it would mostly sting that I didn't have the balls to bid them up all the way.


Knockout Round Update: My original 13 is down to 6.

USA
Spain
Croatia
Poland
England
Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment