Thursday, February 15, 2024

LVIII Mic'd Up

Here's the YouTube link for the Super Bowl LVIII Mic'd Up. It's a great video as always, but notably it doesn't include a few key moments. 

It doesn't include Kelce yelling in Reid's face and knocking him off-balance. Would have loved to get that moment unfiltered. 

It doesn't include Shanahan talking about should they go second in overtime, or going for it on 4th down in OT, or some of the other crucial decisions, the 3rd down, 4th down inside final 2 minutes of regulation. 

It doesn't include any of the family members and what they said to the players, which was one of the best parts of the LIV version. 

So what is in here? Well you get Bosa and Warner on the sideline talking about Kelce. 

Bosa's bragging about jamming him on the line. 

Warner says: "We gotta make his life miserable for four quarters. He's not built for that."

It also has Nick Bosa sucking oxygen right before overtime saying: 

I would never say this to his face because he could injure me forever with a light shove, but behind a keyboard and laptop...it's overtime in the Super Bowl. It's a tie game. You have a chance to go out there, make a play and become a world champion. 

Like I get that playing defense against Mahomes is tough, but if you don't think this situation is fun, I don't know, I guess you're not built for that.

- - -

It also has #31 in white saying that Mahomes is just a regular quarterback:


I didn't recognize who #31 was so I had to look it up. Tashaun Gipson. I hope I spelled it correctly, because I had never seen the name before. Me and him do have one thing in common, we both went undrafted out of college. 

Here's Gipson's career highlights and awards, since joining the NFL in 2013:


And here's the player he described as a regular quarterback:



So at the parade/rally yesterday, Brittany had to remind Patrick to call it out, that Patrick is just a regular quarterback.

Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment