Thursday, March 21, 2024

March Madness Picks

Quick snapshot of my thoughts entering the tourney.

I think it's super hard for UConn to repeat so even though all the rankings say they're the best, I'm not picking them to go all the way. 

Purdue has such a history of choking that I would not at all be surprised if they fall short of the Final Four. 

I'm also all the way out on North Carolina, Marquette and Kansas. 


SOUTH

I like that Houston was a top seed last year but fell short of the Final Four. I feel like that's good experience that will help them this year. So they're my title pick.

Only thing that scares me about Houston, is I have a hunch that Duke and Kentucky could recapture the magic and meet in the Elite Eight. 

EAST

I'm not scared about Illinois getting past BYU, but I don't really know about Iowa State. Apparently Auburn is super good so they got a tough draw with UConn so early, so who knows. Feels like this region belongs to winner of Auburn-UConn. 

WEST

I like Michigan State to knock off UNC. I think this region is the most chaotic with New Mexico, Grand Canyon, and Mich State all having decent chances to make waves. Arizona is my pick to emerge from this region.

MIDWEST

Kansas to lose early. Creighton-Tennessee should be a good one. The more I look at Purdue, the more I don't trust them. 



If I was building a perfect Calcutta roster it would look like:

Houston
Tennessee or Arizona
Kentucky or Creighton
Auburn
Michigan State
Nevada
New Mexico
Samford

No comments:

Post a Comment