Friday, October 21, 2005

NCAA 2005 vol4

so its about week 9, and I'm #1 undefeated in my first season with the ohio state. well I'm playing MINN and after some turnovers and bad sacks (overconfident with my fast qb) I found myself down 14-0, they had the ball at midfield, and it is almost halftime. If they get even a field goal, a comeback might be impossible, especially with them receiving in the 2nd half. Well right before halftime I get a user pick (it pops up when it recognizes that you were controlling the db for a pick or the lb for a sack) and tight rope the sideline to take it to the house. 14-7 at half. Force a 3 and out, and then quickly score. 14-14. They get a field goal and to start the 4th quarter I am down 3. I want to execute a long drive to not leave them any time remaining after I score. I get to around the 50 with 90 ticks left, and my RB fumbles, but i take control of a TE near it and recover. I end up with 3rd and 12 from the 15 with 30 seconds. knowing i need at least a field goal to go to OT, i am hesitant to throw it and risk an INT, but i am centered, and don't want to run an option to try and pick up the 12, and end up with a fg off to the side.

so i call double post routes. 3 step drop and fire a bullet...wr dives and comes up with the ball on the goal line. TD. game over. on the replay i see that i was an inch away from getting sacked.

so i stayed undefeated, but imagine my surprise when i exit the game and find that i dropped to #2 in the rankings. even though i played a fantastic 2nd half, the voters liked the other undefeated team - georgia, and their win against auburn better. which i think is great. if you don't play like a number one team, even if you squeak out a win, you could go down. much better than the 2k2 dreamcast rankings which were solely based on # of wins, not who they came against, and not even losses. which favored colorado because they had 13 games instead of the normal 11. meaning 11-2 is better than 10-1.

more features on the game:

create a sign feature, "Beutjer for Heisman"
when ND comes out they show them touching the play like a champion today sign
when most teams come out they show them coming out through a tunnel
when ILL comes out they show us coming from the correct corner and no
tunnel (impressive, although the band does not lead us out)

and no chief.

No comments:

Post a Comment