Friday, October 21, 2005

NFL Mini Helmets

Aha! In case you don't know the backstory, when I was 8/9 in Kansas City I collected the toy helmets for all 28 teams back then from 25 cent gumball machines. Of course what I wanted (the complete set that would cost 7 bucks) was only attainable through random chance, and I eventually got it but probably had to spend about 20 bucks in quarters. Well I managed to hang on to the Chiefs helmet, but I lost the rest - and of course teams have changed logos, cities, and new teams have started in the last 13 years.

So I thought it was worth it to reclaim my childhood set, and it was a hell of a lot easier to order the set online.

Hopefully I'll be able to take care of them and be able to set up the schedules and standing for a long, long time. Can you imagine Super Bowl 60, I'm 42 years old and I have the Bears vs Browns on top of the tv? Me neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment