Friday, April 21, 2006

NBA Playoffs


As we prepare to embark on a 2 month journey that is the NBA playoffs, I thought I would break down the bracket.


First Round Matchups worth watching:

Nuggets-Clippers: Although I think LA did the right thing by tanking to avoid the Mavs, the karma should be against them.
Suns-Lakers: The Suns are worth watching any time, and Kobe is good for at least one buzzer beater.
Cavs-Wizards: The Cavs have a much better record, but the Wizards have experience. All eyes on LeBron.
Nets-Pacers: The Nets have been really good and high-flying this year, but could they be ready to fall?

Possible 2nd Round Matchups worth watching:

Spurs-Mavs: Should be awesome. Hard to beleive that this will be in the 2nd round. Wow.

Possible 3rd Round Matchups worth watching:

Suns-?: Western Semis should be almost as good as Spurs-Mavs.
Pistons-Heat: Revenge is sweet, but it won't happen.


Before I get to my bracket, let's review my earlier picks:

Preaseason Picks: Spurs d. Mavs, Heat d. Pistons, Spurs d. Heat. LeBron for MVP.

Well, my final four did pick the top 2 teams in each conference, but a stupid rule prevents Mavs from facing Spurs in the 3rd round. I still like LeBron for MVP.

April 7th Picks: Spurs d. Suns, Pistons d. Heat, and Pistons d. Spurs. LeBron for MVP.

Based on the Mavs projected bracket I had to bump them up, and the Pistons turned out to be even better without Larry Brown. I'll stick with my April 7th picks in my bracket:

Spurs, Mavs, Clips, Suns
Spurs, Suns
Spurs

Pistons, Wizards, Nets, Heat
Pistons, Heat
Pistons

Pistons beat Spurs in 6

1 comment: