Friday, April 07, 2006

This Week in Sports


Let's see the baseball season is a couple days old. Rollins lost his streak, and the Cardinals will win it all. I think that's enough baseball coverage until October.

Also, you know what is even more pointless than baseball?

...

Can't think of anything? I know it's tough. But how about races to make the NBA playoffs? Who will get the 8th spot in the East, the Bulls or 76ers? How bout I get some graphics and scenarios to determine who will get SWEPT by the Pistons. The brackets haven't been decided and I already know that it is a rematch of last years Finals.

Spurs beat Suns, Pistons beat Heat, and Pistons beat Spurs.


How about that NFL Sked?

Vengenace Games:
Dallas at Philly
Colts at Pats
Love Boats at Dolphins

Manning Bowl

The Saints first game in the Superdome is on MNF

3 Thanksgiving games including Denver at Kansas City

TO again on Christmas

Also, the strength of schedule by opponent's winning % is misleading. If you play 3 games against 6 win teams, and 1 against a 14 win team, you can hope to be 3-1. But if you play 3 games against 10 win teams and 1 against a 2 win team, you might only be 1-3. And those would be the same strength of schedule. But for the record the Bears do have the easiest SOS. I like the Chiefs schedule. They could easily start 3-1 and end 4-1. That would be 7-2. And of the 7 games in the middle, 4 are at home.

In other Chiefs news, the voters agreed to upgarde Arrowhead, but not add a rolling roof. But the upgrades mean that the Chiefs will be in Arrowhead for another 25 years. As for the Super Bowl and maybe a Final Four, I know it wouldn't help the team that much, but I care about the city too. I think it would be great for the city, although I'm not sure if I really want it anyways. I like pure outdoor football and a roof, even if it rolls, rubs me the wrong way.

Also, every year I tell myself I will not watch the Heisman presentation or the NFL Draft. Yet I usually get sucked in. I managed to avoid the Bush heisman, so hopefully I wan't get trapped in front of the draft. I am interested in where the 3 qb's go, but I'm pretty sure that the Chiefs will get a player I've never heard of.

And I have to end with the Duke lacrosse story. This thing is just so terrible. The only thing I have to add that hasn't already been said, is that this really hurts the image of lacrosse. It is an up and coming sport, that is fun and popular with a diverse audience, but it's been tainted now. Sort of like White House intern. But seriously, the whole thing just makes you sick, and I'm just have this feeling that one day this will be forgotten, and no will be convicted. Rape is the one crime where it has become acceptable for the media and the lawyers to further attack the victims, and question them harder than the accused.

1 comment:

  1. You never will give baseball a chance. Even now you spend one tiny paragraph on the sport and then zip right on to the NBA and then the NFL.

    About the NFL draft. I like having it on in the background. You can do other stuff, then tune in when a team is actually making a pick.

    ReplyDelete