Monday, September 11, 2006

My Wedding Bling

I love my wife.
I love being married to her.
I love my wedding ring.

The third statement is not independent of the first two. I am proud of my ring. I like to show it off. I tip-tap on the handrail in the elevator. I adjust the way I cross my arms in meetings to make sure it shows.

I never take it off. I am proud to be married to my wife at all times. Whether I am sleeping or showering or playing basketball or forming hamburgers, I'm always connected to my wife.

Sure, sometimes it needs cleaning so I have to take it off. And I didn't wear when I played softball because I didn't want to pinch my fingers when I was batting. But I was still married. Geez.

It is not clothing. It is not an accessory. It is not jewelry. It is a symbol of my wife that is with me at all times. And even if I have to take it off for a little while, I'm just looking forward to putting it back on.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't end up taking your ring off while holding an air mattress in the elevator. that could be bad, unless of course you have a bottle opener on your bling

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks honner. i love you

    ReplyDelete