Wednesday, April 11, 2007

4.11.07



It's been a little while since I've talked about foodasfuel™. Here are some things I've learned in the last couple weeks:





  • Unhealthy food gives me gas. I didn't really realize it until last weekend's Easter eating, but eating foods that I used to eat all the time, makes the room stinky. I guess gas is one of those things that you don't notice when it's gone, only when it comes back.
  • I'm officially at a normal weight, as opposed to overweight. More on this in a future post, presumably with pictures at some point.
  • As much as my tastebuds enjoyed the splurge of last weekend's eating, I feel a lot better when I'm eating healthy. It's not so much an issue of "I feel better at a normal weight" -- it's "I feel better when I'm eating healthy".
  • It's a good feeling to think about how far I've come since January, and to know that I have my whole life ahead of me to get in even better shape.
  • I've making some super-simple, super-quick, fresh fajitas. Whole-wheat tortilla, lean chicken or steak strips, salsa. That's it. Using a fresh tasting strong salsa is important. It's good with a little lettuce if you have it, but it's optional.
  • Shrimp is on my list of things to get. I like the flavor, and it is super lo-cal. I have big plans for a cilantro-lime shrimp in rice dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment