Thursday, April 12, 2007

Stealers Aren't Funny

I present the cases of Colin Cowherd and Carlos Mencia.

One's a sports radio host who recently attacked a blog for no reason, and last year stole material from a blog...

The other's a comedian/Comedy Central personality that was caught ripping off from other comedians...

Here's the thing that they both have in common: they're terrible. Any of the several minutes that I've ever seen of either one of them have been too many. They're both hacks, not funny in the least, and downright annoying. When they're goal is entertainment and they end up alienating people instead, it seems there is something wrong.

I try to avoid being critical of anything nowadays, because it seems that it's so hip to be critical, to say that everything sucks. And right now I'm trying to avoid being critical of those blogs that are critical - you still with me? - so I'll just say that overall, I prefer to focus on the positive. But I have no tolerance for unfunny stealers.

No comments:

Post a Comment