Tuesday, February 12, 2008

NO QUIT


I just ran my first 5k since June 24, 2007. Clocking in at 36:46. This was after running 1.5 miles once in January, and running 2.5 miles on Sunday.

It feels really good. There were so many times, especially early on, when I didn't really know if I was going to be able to do it.

On Sunday my goal was just to run 2 miles, and I ended up going 2.5 because I was waiting for a specific song. But I did it just fine without any water while running...

Well today, going in with the goal of doing 5k, my whole mindset was different. The first quarter-mile felt much harder. My legs felt tired immediately, and I drank about 14 ounces of water during the run. It was probably a combination of actually being tired from Sunday's run and knowing that I'm in it for the long haul. But I was able to pull it out, and one of the things that helped get me through, was knowing that I would be able to post this, make my achievement public.



5k times:
2.12.08 -- 36:46
6.24.07 -- 34:15
6.3.07 -- 36:55
5.15.07 -- 37:15

No comments:

Post a Comment