Thursday, August 19, 2010

2010 census: favorite books

Another post in the 2010 Census series, basically a time capsule so I can see what I was into.


This list is probably the least reliable. As I said yesterday, I don't really read books more than once. And often, even if I enjoy a book, I might forget about it a few months later. I just finished City of Thieves and really enjoyed it. I know I read How I Became A Famous Novelist last fall--I think I enjoyed it, but can't elaborate on it.

Also, I tend to prefer authors, and I'm in the process of reading through Vonnegut's library (right now I think he's surpassed Palahniuk as my favorite author) and he still has some novels I've yet to read.

It's funny how easy it was to come up with my favorite bands, but pulling a list of my favorite books is almost impossible. I'm sure there's more that belong here, but if I can't remember them, what does that say about them?

Salinger: Catcher in the Rye
Palahniuk: Choke / Survivor/ Rant / Lullaby / Fight Club
Vonnegut: Slaughterhuse-Five / Timequake / Deadeye Dick / Breakfast of Champions
Gladwell: Tipping Point / Blink / Outliers
Dubner & Leavitt: Freakonomics / Superfreakonomics
Wiszowaty: My Massai Life

1 comment:

  1. it says that you don't have a book memory.

    ReplyDelete