Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Back on the Weight Loss Train

Week 0: 200
Week 1: 195.5

Raise your hand if you saw this coming...I gained the weight back and need to lose it again. (whole world raises hands)

In 2013, I started eating healthy on May 1. I weighed 205 pounds.

By September 25, I was down to 175. So in under five months, I lost 30 pounds. It only took me a little over three months to lose 25.

Over the last seven months, I've gained back 25 of the 30 I lost last year.

- - -

There's just a bit of fuzzy math with the numbers right now. I weighed myself about two weeks ago and I was 199.5. Then I didn't weight myself until Monday, May 5. That's when I started eating healthy. And two days ago I weighed 198.5. So technically that should be my starting point. But I wanted my weigh-in date to be Wednesday (since sometimes I eat poorer on the weekends and I wanted two days to try and make up for that before a weigh-in) and I wanted the round number of 200 to be my starting point (so that when I hit 190 or 180 it will be easier to say 10 pounds, 20 pounds lost). So I'm not really sure what I weighed last wednesday, but I'm going with 200.

As for this week, I was 198.5 on Monday and Tuesday, and then all of a sudden I weighed once and it said 195.5. Maybe tomorrow I'll see 197. We'll see what week 2 will bring. I know the first week is always an outlier because your body is so used to burning 4000 calories a day that it's easier to lose weight.

- - -

I already feel smaller and better. It's a weird dynamic. For the last couple months, when the weekend hits, but even on weekdays, all I want to do is eat. Barbecue, fudge, whatever. In large quantities. But as soon as I start eating healthy, I feel better. My appetite doesn't know what's best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment