Monday, January 01, 2018

Checking on my NFL Predictions

This year I made two sets on NFL predictions, one before the season started and another in early October. Let's check in and see which did better:

AFC

September: 3 teams correct, 1 spot correct
October: 4 teams correct, 1 spot correct

NFC 

September: 2 teams correct, 0 spots correct
October: 2 teams correct, 1 spot correct

- - -

In October, I correctly called the Pats as a 1-seed, the Bills as a 6-seed and the Panthers as the 5-seed.
But only 50% right after 4 games had been played...? I'm surprised I didn't do better. Let's go deeper.

In the AFC I thought the Texans with Deshaun Watson would win the division. I thought 2 playoff teams would come from Broncos, Bills, Titans, Jags. Instead we got 3.

The Broncos started 3-1 and the Jags were 2-2. Who knew the Broncos were frauds and the Jags were for real?

- - -

Likewise in the NFC, I trusted the Packers but their season was derailed by a QB injury.

I thought the Vikings injuries would be too much and I trusted the Seahawks based on history--both were wrong. I also thought Washington and Cowboys were better than they turned out to be.

Definitely didn't see the Rams and Eagles being world-beaters.

Turns out you can't predict the NFL even a month in.

No comments:

Post a Comment