Monday, August 10, 2020

Appreciation. Gratitude. Hoop.


It's so nice having a hoop in the backyard. I can just go out for 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there. About a week ago there was a 70 degree evening, no humidity, cool breeze, just perfect. Unheard of in August in the Midwest. 


The gratitude of achieving all I'd ever wanted, a healthy baby in my arms after getting a job that allowed us to move to Colorado. 

And now here I am, 9 years later, in a much different situation feeling that same level of gratitude. 

The world is going through extreme levels of crisis and upheaval and I have to just take some time and appreciate how lucky I am. 

To have two wonderful, healthy children. 
To once again be married to the love of my life.
To have a career that I enjoy.
To have a great house in a great city where this year I got to attend a Super Bowl parade. 
To have gained a sense of my personal purpose and fulfillment, and have the means to indulge my creative pursuits.


In a world full of injustices and a year full of tragedies, it's impossible to reduce everything down to "life is good."

I'm just trying to appreciate every day and try to not take any of these incredible things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment