Monday, December 14, 2020

Another perfect football day

With three games to go, here's what the Chiefs have to do to clinch the #1 seed:

beat the Chargers at home

win one of Falcons at home or Saints on the road


That's all. So next week is just bonus. Take care of the two home games and you get to stay home the rest of the way until Super Bowl LV in Tampa. 

- - -

What feels like a lifetime ago but was earlier in 2020, I wrote this post after the Titans knocked the Tom Brady Patriots out of the playoffs. And that post holds up pretty well. Okay, really, really well. 

Today was another perfect football day. 

Mahomes had his first 3-interception game and the Chiefs still won, clinching the AFC West. One of the wildest stats I know is that I have lived in the AFC West winning city for the last 10 seasons and counting. 5 in a row in Denver, then I moved to KC where they've won 5 in a row. 

You're going to have occasional bad games. Those are important to learn from, go back to the tape and dissect coverages, fire everyone up again. When you can win those games anyways, that's icing on the cake. 

And then the Bills helped us out by knocking the Steelers out of the #1 spot. 

And my fantasy team is winning 127.5 - 68 with only a tight end left for my opponent.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny, I was about to text you that you had a great football day

    ReplyDelete