Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Weight Loss by Month: November 2020

 August:       12 pounds

September:  7 pounds

October:       8 pounds

November:   3 pounds


30 down.

The frustrating thing was then even before my birthday or Thanksgiving, the progress was pretty slow. Even though I was doing the same thing, my lowest weight this month was 4 pounds down. But then I gained 3 pounds on Thanksgiving. Lost two of that so far. I really tried to make up for Halloween and Thanksgiving by being extra good the day after. 

Anyways, the good news I'm still losing, still making progress. I'm not in a rush to try to get to a certain weight by a certain point in 2021. In fact, since I ultimately need to eat like this forever, the longer that I'm focused on losing, as opposed to maintaining, might be better for me. More time for choices to become habits. I'm already kind of amazed at how four months in my eating habits have changed. Avoiding unhealthy foods used to be kind of a white knuckle willpower thing and now it's already like that doesn't sound that good to me. 

Though I have thought many times at the end of my day, how much easier this would be with an extra 200-300 calories to spend, as if I was in maintenance mode. That little extra cushion could be a small snack that helps with hunger between lunch and dinner for example. By gaining all this weight, I've dug a whole that it's not enough to eat healthy at maintenance right now--I have to go all the way past that point to a deficit to lose the weight. 

December will probably be more like November than the previous months, with Christmas. But that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment