Thursday, December 01, 2022

Boozy Christmas Drink

For a couple years in a row, Mrs. Hoagie Central received a boozy Christmas drink as a gift and it was always delicious. I finally asked her to ask for the recipe and here's what it is:


Homemade Irish Cream
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup (235 ml) heavy whipping cream
1 (14-ounce or 415 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (235 ml) Irish whiskey (I used Jameson)
 
In the bottom of a pitcher, whisk cocoa powder and a spoonful of cream into a paste. Slowly, whisking the whole time, add more cream a spoonful at a time until the paste is smooth and loose enough that you can whisk the rest of the cream in larger splashes. Once all of the cream is in, whisk in condensed milk, whiskey and vanilla. Cover with lid or plastic wrap and keep in fridge for up to two weeks, possibly longer. Serve in a tiny tumbler filled with ice, or splashed into coffee.
 
To make less sweet: Add more cream and more whiskey, 1 tablespoon of each at a time.
To make less boozy: Add more cream and condensed milk, 1 tablespoon of each at a time.
To make more boozy: You know what to do!


In case, you're curious, I found a video with a very similar recipe. 

 

I'm planning on making it at the start of Christmas break. I have a ton of bourbon and no irish whiskey, so I'll be making that substitution. I also might add a pinch of brown sugar. But wanted to share it in advance in case anyone wants to join me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment