Monday, December 12, 2022

Best Movies I Saw In 2022

So Niraj got me into Letterboxd. Which got me into watching a lot more movies than usual. Especially from August to November it became my latest fad, following a series that includes chess, crosswords, pasta journey, Medium, daily favorites, etc. I recognize that these are short-lived phases and I embrace that. 

Anyways, I have some public-facing stats from the year. 


I watched 215 movies this year, easily the most I've ever done. 

141 were movies I had never seen before, bringing my current total up to 1,070 unique movies that I've marked as watched.

Just like I do with blog posts, I thought it would be fun to do an end of the year recap with movies. I lot of serious movie buffs focus only on the movies that came out in 2022, but I only saw a handful from this year. 

So instead, I'll organize my lists in a few categories around what I saw this year. First up...


Top 10 Movies I Watched for the First Time in 2022

10. Captain Phillips

9. The Next Three Days

8. The Invisible Man

7. Glass Onion

6. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

5. Run

4. Before Sunrise

3. Upgrade

2. Prisoners

1. RRR


Top 10 Movies I Watched in 2022 That I Had Already Seen

10. Zero Effect

9. Air Force One

8. Naked Gun

7. Ocean's Eleven

6. Source Code

5. Forgetting Sarah Marshall

1. Ex Machina


(Honorable Mentions were Moneyball and Talented Mr. Ripley)


Best 2022 Movie I Saw

RRR


- - -


Also just for fun, this is really more of a work in progress, but I'm keeping a running list of my all-time favorite movies: 

Searching

Ex Machina

MI: Fallout

Fight Club

Inside Man

Lebowski

Shawshank

Edge of Tomorrow

Groundhog Day

Get Out

Upgrade

Prisoners

RRR

National Treasure

Now You See Me

Social Network

Eternal Sunshine 

Almost Famous

1 comment:

  1. Feels like that "all-time favorite movies" deserves a proper Letterboxd list ;P

    ReplyDelete