Thursday, March 23, 2006

What's Sweeter Than This?


Also I know that Lee Corso only does college football, but hey I couldn't find a picture of someone holding a sign behind Billy Packer.

There are really going to be some great game this weekend including:

Duke/LSU
WV/Texas
BC/Villanova
Gonzaga/UCLA*

*This should be a good game in theory, but I just can't believe that Gonzaga could actually get to the Elite Eight. UCLA runs away with it.

And Memphis/Bradley could be a good game if Bradley shows up, but they won't. They're just happy to be there.

Since I'm already in first place with in my 12-person bracket pool, I thought I would up the ante, and pick the sweet 16 with spreads:

+ 5.5 LSU
+ 5.5 West Virginia
- 6 Memphis
- 4 UCLA
- 6.5 Connecticut
PK George Mason
+ 2.5 Boston College
+ 3.5 Georgetown

Of the four underdogs, I think West Virginia and Georgetown will win outright, LSU will cover the spread, and I have no idea what will happen with BC. I really like not to pick it all because this one is a tossup - so I've got to take the points and go with BC.

2 comments:

  1. That Corso picture is genius.

    Since I'm in last place in said pool, I will try to save any dignity that I didn't flush away with 4+ years of bad jokes/picks by also picking these games with the spreads that Mr. Meat provided.

    Duke -5.5
    Texas -5.5
    Memphis -6 (I think this game is the easiest)
    UCLA -4
    UConn -6.5
    Wichita St.
    +2.5 Boston College
    Florida -3.5

    I think LSU will play Duke close, especially if Sheldon Williams gets in foul trouble, but they will pull away at the end. I'd love to be wrong.

    Texas is too big and physical for WVU.

    Morrison goes crazy, but it's not enough.

    UConn finally plays up to its potential.

    I just wanted to pick a different team than Free Meat. Who knows with this one. Actually, I'm changing to George Mason. Home game, good defense. GMU wins.

    Georgetown's time is up. Nice run, kids. Better luck next year. Florida advances.

    BC/Villanova could be the game of the tournament. What a match-up. I picked BC in my pool to advance and I'm sticking with them. They had their scare against Pacific. Craig Smith is a beast and Villanova has no answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave was dead-on with UCLA and Bradley, and Mark with LSU and also the Zags. I've said it before - you guys should start your own PTI-type show.

    ReplyDelete