Friday, March 09, 2007

3.9.07


I know I've touched on this before, but it boggles my mind. I can't believe how widely accepted it is to say "I'm on a diet." Obviously, any of the 65 million overweight Americans (I am still technically overweight) got that way because of their eating habits. Any variation of losing weight or dieting that ignores changing those long-term eating habits won't work.

It's the same as someone in debt, saying that they are dedicated and excited to get out debt. Well what happens when you get of that debt? If you go back to the same spending habits, you'll be right back in debt.

Or someone with a criminal history saying he won't commit any crimes until he reaches his goal of being out of jail for a year. It's ridiculous.

But we don't balk when someone says they are dieting in order to get down to their goal weight. We applaud them.

My point is really quite simple and I think this sums it up neatly:

The goal cannot be getting out of debt. The goal has to be saving money.
Just as the goal cannot be losing weight. The goal has to be eating healthy.

2 comments:

  1. deep. and a good observation. however, there is the argument that some progress is better than no progress at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since when did Blogger allow retards to post comments?

    ReplyDelete