Friday, March 09, 2007

Building an NFL Team From Scratch

Here's a simplified mock draft if you were the GM of an expansion team. It should be pretty self-explanatory, you have 8 rounds to make picks, and can only choose from the pool of players available in that round. Of course, you must choose one from every position. The rest of your team would be filled with average players. (And I don't want to hear about how you think that the Rams have a better D-Line than the Titans or whatever. Just use your opinions to make your team.)

(click the picture to enlarge)

Here's my team:

1. Ravens (SEC)
2. Chargers (LB)
3. Colts (D-LINE)
4. Cowboys (O-LINE)
5. Leinart
6. Washinton
7. Franks
8. Suisham

1 comment:

  1. 1. Bears D-line
    2. Chargers LB
    3. Broncos Secondary
    4. Hasslebeck
    5. Vikings O-line
    6. Samie Parker
    7. Rhodes
    8. Suisham

    This was really hard to do and it took me forever to see what you were really asking. I think I did it right. It was hard to balance what I think is most important against value in each round. For example, I think the Ravens secondary is better than the Broncos, but to get the Broncos in the third round and be able to take the Bears D-line I thought was worth it.

    ReplyDelete