Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Physics of Me Hitting Dingers


So of course in order to hit the ball farther, I need to impart more momentum on the ball.

momentum = mass*velocity OR p = m*v

So if I want to hit the ball farther than I did last year, I can either swing the bat faster, or swing a heavier bat at the same speed I did last year. I've been building muscles in my arms in the hopes of doing either one. I'm not sure of the optimal bat weight to generate the most momentum. But presumably it would be the heaviest bat that I can swing normally.

Man, a gold-glove pitcher who can get strikeouts and hit homeruns. Someone should totally draft me for your 16" Chicago Advertising Co-Ed Softball League Fantasy Team.

3 comments:

  1. Luckily, I landed the top pick in this year's fantasy draft. I'm currently buying and reading all of the fantasy magazines I can get because I don't want to mess up the #1 pick. While you are probably a safe pick, I don't know if you have the consistency and the upside that you look for in a #1 pick. Are you LaDainian Tomlinson or Daunte Culpepper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Ocho-Cinco, you're saying that I should draft you with a third-round pick, knowing that you'll be ok for a few games, great for a few games, and good for the rest? You're one of the elite players at your position, you need to play with some passion, and a must-start every week?

    ReplyDelete