Tuesday, July 10, 2007

7.10.07


It's been a little while since I've checked in...in fact, I haven't really written about it since the big reveal of the 40 pounds.

So 6 and 1/2 weeks later, after getting down to a weight of 154, my current weight is...155. I've held constant around 155 or 156 and it feels good.

I don't really want to have a lower scale number (I'm fine with 155 forever) but it would be nice if I could lose a little flab around my stomach--knowing that to do so would mean losing pounds on the scale, but that's beside the point.

My abs are the strongest they've ever been, mostly through a combination of push-ups and running. Although I can only barely make them out--hence the desire to lose that flab that's covering them up. So I'm not ready to take my shirt off for the cover of Men's Health, but it's kind of weird to flex my abs and feel rock hard muscles, even if there is a little fat in the way.

But I'm definitely glad that I haven't gained any of the weight back. And perhaps a little surprised, considering I've had a number of occasions where I've splurged on my caloric intake--but overall I'm still doing a lot of things right with my protein bars, apples, whole wheat bread and ham sandwiches, chicken fajita dinners, I've been making some sweet corn too.

If I can keep up the pushups/running routine, and still eat well, I should be in even better shape by the fall/winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment