Thursday, July 12, 2007



Buzzmaster: Lets get started...


Kirat (Skokie, IL): What the heck is a buzzmaster?

Dave: I'm not sure. But I'm glad I have one.


Kevin (St. Louis, MO): Why didn't La Russa put Pujols in to try and win the All-Star Game?

Dave: I think he might have been preoccupied with some Busch Light in the dugout. But what I find interesting is, this is one example where a major sport instituted a radical change (tying HFA to an exhibition) and it didn't work out that well. Something to remember every time some blogger has the answer to "fixing" a problem in sports.


RJ (Nashville, TN): Are you excited about the ESPY's?

Dave: I understand that ESPN can't hide the winner of the World Series of Poker for 5 months, but can't they hide the winners of the ESPY's until Sunday? I just read the article on their front page saying who won, so no, I'm not tuning in.


Mark (Tel Aviv, Israel): I'm dying for some fantasy football sleepers. Can you answer my question before I go to bed?

Dave: I think there's a guy on the Chargers that should be good this year. LaDarian or something. Also, I think this is the year you should take a WR in the first round. Dwayne Bowe is the #1 pick on my big board.


Luther (Houston, TX): Sorry I missed that 3-pointer in the championship game.

Dave: It's okay. I forgive you.


Jerome (Seattle, WA): If I bought a football team, would you be my GM?

Dave: This might come as a shock, but just because I blog about the NFL sometimes, I'm not convinced that I have what it takes to make personnel decisions at the highest level of the game.


Jim (Austin, TX): You keep talking about "getting abs". What are you going to do if/when you actually get them?

Dave: Photograph myself and adjust the hue in Photoshop so I look like a greek statue.


Girls from Richwoods High School, Class of 2001: We've made a huge mistake.

Dave: Sorry ladies, I'm taken.


Matt (Naperville, IL): I pooped in my refrigerator.

Dave: So that's what you've been up to!


Tony (Portland, OR): I used to enjoy your blog but now I think you're a hack. Defend yourself.

Dave: You make a valid argument.


Niraj (Chicago, IL): How come you very quickly changed the name of your blog early on, but have stuck with Hoagie Central? Especially after you got all that traffic to Free Meat for the video games post?

Dave: If I had remembered Hoagie Central when I started this, I wouldn't have needed to change it. It started as SportsCorner, but I soon realized there were thousands of sports blogs so I needed a real name. Eventually I found my brand.


Haaaaretz (Middle East): Why isn't the hoagie in HD like the rest of the page?

Dave: If you're not getting all of Hoagie Central in HD, make sure you have all of your plug-ins installed. Espcially on a mac, I recommend using Mozilla Firefox, as it is the best web browser.


Herman (Kansas City, MO): I forgot why you play the game.

Dave: YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! And to make the playoffs.


Jim (State of Outrage): What's that? Oh come on now. Playoffs? Don't talk about-- playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs?

Dave: Sorry.


Brit (Poughkeepsie, NY): Shouldn't you be working? I miss you.

Dave: This is hard work! I miss you too.


Brian (Chelsea, UK): Why don't you post more about the beautiful game?

Dave: I assume you're referring to football. It doesn't start again until September. But at least you can enjoy watching one of our finest athletes, Trent Green, in person this year. Hopefully he walks off the field on his own power.


Trent (Miami, FL): That hurts. Almost as much as that concussion.

Dave: I'm sorry. Look on the bright side. At least you got that Super Bowl ring with the Rams.


Melissa VanVickle (St. Louis, MO): My cubicle smells funny.

Dave: First, who the hell is Melissa VanVickle? Second, I hope it's just tuna.


Ralph (Toronto, Ontario): What athlete would you most like to watch a game with?

Dave: That's a great question. Hmm....I don't have a great answer. Maybe Steve Nash, because he seems like a genuinely nice guy that I might be able to relax around. I don't know, Tiger? I guess it would be fun to root against the Broncos with LJ or Gonzo...


Pearman (Dead Sea): When will this chat end?

Dave: Maybe soon, I'm running out of questions. It's a lot harder when you have to write the questions too.


Miramax (Hollywood, CA): I need a hit film...what do you got?

Dave: The Arrested Development Movie.


Will Leitch (New York, NY): Will you come back to my site?

Dave: As soon as I find a magnifying glass.


Some Jew (Jewland): Why do sports commentators/journalists/analysts get called out for "flip-flopping"? Shouldn't we be happy when they gather some more information and then make a more educated answer?

Dave: I think that George W. Bush proved in 2004 that it's more important to make a firm stand on something, then to waffle about whether something is right or wrong.


Rick (Winnipeg, Canada): My name is Dan and I'm in Illinois now!

Dave: You'll always be Rick from Canada to me.


Bill (Los Angeles, CA): Are you stealing my bit?

Dave: No. This would be stealing your bit: Me and my buddies Hench and J-Bug took a road trip to Vegas. There we were obnoxious, pretended to be good at blackjack, called my dad who was watching the NBA lottery on YouTube. Kevin Durant, Celtics, Celtics, Celtics, Kevin Durant, Sopranos, Tom Brady, obnoxious, Rashard Lewis, Durant, Celtics.


Anonymous: I've heard a rumor that something called "Project Mercury" has been shooting in the Chicago area, and then recently saw rumor on Ain't It Cool that this may actually be a fake working title for a Van Quattro sequel. Is this true, and can you confirm if you are involved?

Dave: All I know is what I read on the official VQ2 website. Although I did hear that the weather combined with personal schedules may have delayed production for a couple weeks.


Deron (Salt Lake City, UT): Who has the smoothest hands in the NBA?

Dave: I'll never tell.


Rishi (Chicago, IL): Want to come over for date night tonight? Burnsy and are splitting a bottle of a 2004 Riesling and watching Fried Green Tomatoes.

Dave: Uh...I've got a softball game tonight, thanks.


Buzzmaster: And that's it for today.

Dave: Thanks for all your questions, we had over 41,000 today. Leave any additional questions in the comments and maybe I'll do a maibag in a couple weeks.

5 comments:

  1. Why do sports commentators/journalists/analysts get called out for "flip-flopping"? Shouldn't we be happy when they gather some more information and then make a more educated answer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said SLEEPERS for fantasy football.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why isn't the hoagie in HD like the rest of the page?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When does this chat end? Feel free to save this for the last question so you can respond "Now."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard rumor that something called "Project Mercury" has been shooting in the Chicago area, and then recently saw rumor on Ain't It Cool that this may actually be a fake working title for a Van Quattro sequel. Is this true, and can you confirm if you are involved?

    ReplyDelete