Wednesday, July 25, 2007

premiere of foodasfuel: season two / season one out on dvd

The critically acclaimed first season of foodasfuel™ enjoyed a good run from it's premiere at the beginning of 2007 to it's season finale on May 25, 2007.



I'm happy to report that it's been picked up for a second season. In the last two months, I've been doing some pushups and occasional running but allowed my eating habits to go off the deep end a little.

But now I'm back from vacation, back and better than ever. I feel motivated to get my body to a point that it's never been, and I'm optimistic based on my previous success.

The good news is that I'm starting season two at a lot better place that I started season one. I'm already in arguably the best shape of my life, and recently accomplished things that I never thought I would do.

I'm not that concerned about the numbers changing on the scale, my goals are:

  • to carve a leaner, stronger body
  • continue eating healthy to feel good
  • set new records in pushups and 5k times

7 comments:

  1. Is there a reason why your exercise regimen is pushups and 5k runs? I'm curious how you came about to do these and only these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wanted to do both cardio and muscle building.

    For cardio, running is the most complete and enjoyable workout I've found. I did do a series of 10 mile walks, but found those to be ineffective.

    For resistance, I have done bicep curls and crunches, but have found that push-ups really do a whole body workout--they seem to be better at working abdominals than crunches.

    Sure, they are other things I could do, but what works for me is simplifying things...I've been pretty good and doing about 40 pushups every other day, giving my muscles time to rebuild. And that number has been going up over time.

    What's nice about the pushups is that I can do them quietly, quickly and while I watch tv/movies.

    Running takes 45 minutes, and I play music loudly and can't multitask-so it's kind of inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could angle your treadmill so you can watch TV while running :)

    I'd agree that pushups are a really good overall workout, but they definitely don't have the same effect on abs as crunches/situps. If you're staying rigid you're primarily only working your upper body and minimally working the abs. The crunch/situp is all abs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm taking Dave's side on the pushups. They're surprisingly good for the abs.

    I've been going to the gym three days a week since I've been in Israel and met with a personal trainer my dad likes a few times and in my expert opinion, if you're not going to a gym, running and pushups are a good way to exercise. Don't show that run-on sentence to your wife.

    BTW, I hate running. I'll run to play football or from someone with a knife, but not just to run.

    Pushups are amazing though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interestingly, in just a couple months, my ab muscles are amazingly strong--credit to the pushups.

    But they are still under a layer of flab--which is why the running is important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps hon don't listen to these losers. you're doing fine.

    ReplyDelete