Thursday, September 27, 2007

are you teasing me?

This is a new feature, picking football teaser bets. This was something that took me a while to figure it out, so I'll explain it thoroughly.

A two-team teaser pays the same as betting one game against the spread. The trick is that you get to move the point spread 6 points in your favor on both games. The catch is that both teams have to cover the adjusted spreads, to win the teaser.

Of course, because I'm going to make things more complicated then need be, I'm going to make the first one a 3-team, 6-point teaser, that pays nearly 2-1. (+180)

Gamble-Tron 2000 Shoe-In Teaser of the Week®:
Patriots -1 over Bengals
Cowboys -6.5 over Rams
Chiefs +17.5 over Chargers

So I'm putting an imaginary 100 bucks on this, hoping to win 180 if they all come through. But if one of them doesn't, say the Rams only losing by 6, then I lose the entire 100 bucks.

1 comment: