Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Construda Super Bowl Media Day Interview #1


Interview with "Going for it on 4th and shlong"






1. What was your draft strategy and what were highlights and lowlights on draft day?

I definitely wanted a QB early and didn't care about my defense. I didn't plan on getting a kicker early, but I wanted Gostkowski and he was there in 11 so I took him.

Westbrook is my only true highlight. Brees has done well recently, but started off really bad. Low-lights include McNair, Panthers D, V Jackson, D Williams, D Stallworth...

The highlight/lowlight is getting Adrian Peterson in the 9th round...and then trading him away before he went off in week 1, and throughout the year.

2. What were your best in-season moves?

I picked up a lot of studs on waivers: Welker, Earnest Graham, Colston and Colts D. I was also able to snag Bowe after Kirat dropped him, enabling me to dump Steve Smith on him, which was the best move I made, enabling me to beat him in the playoffs.

3. Any mistakes or regrets this season?

Hmmm...Trading Peterson for Steve Smith was a bad idea. I wish I would have been better prepared for injuries. I wish I would have gotten a better backup QB to survive the lean Brees days.

4. How do you feel about your chances in the Super Bowl against Mark?

I think it will be real close. We both have players that are boom or bust, so it will likely come down to who has that extra touchdown.

5. Any other thoughts on the season in general?

I wish there would have been more trades, and I wish that half of the teams didn't stop paying attention. I think that I got really lucky to be in that division and even then I barely made it to the playoffs. I also think it's crazy that a team with LT & Romo and a team with Brady both lost in the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment