Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Construda Super Bowl Media Day Interview #2



Interview with "Hoagie Middle East"





1. What was your draft strategy and what were highlights and lowlights on draft day?

My draft strategy was to get two top RBs, then a WR, and then a QB. I wanted the receiver before the QB because we're starting 3 WRs in this league. I mapped out the positions that I wanted in each round, and then took who I thought was the best player at that position. I didn't go for best available player.

Some highlights were getting Addai (whom I ranked #3) at the 7 spot and Laurence Maroney in the 2nd round. He turned out to be a dud, though. I was also happy to get Kitna in the round when I wanted a QB. I thought highly of him and he fit perfectly with my rankings and draft plan.

The biggest lowlight for me, on draft day, was in round 3. I wanted a WR and Steve Smith still hadn't been taken. I had him very high on my list. Of course, he got taken by Matt the pick before me, so I ended up with Larry Fitzgerald. Other than that, I was quite happy with my draft.

2. What were your best in-season moves?

As has already been reported by Hoagie Central, I made some good trades based on strong waiver wire use. I picked up Kevin Jones and Santonio Holmes when they were hot, then traded them to Matt for Randy Moss. I also had space to pick up an injured Andre Johnson and stash him on the bench for a few weeks. That could be my favorite in-season move. Same thing with an injured Brandon Jacobs.

However, my best move was picking up Kurt Warner and starting him last week when I was so close to sticking with Kitna. Without that move, we're not talking about "Hoagie Middle East" in the Super Bowl.

3. Any mistakes or regrets this season?

Maybe I stuck with Kitna too long, but I can't complain. After all, I am in the Super Bowl.

4. How do you feel about your chances in the Super Bowl against Dave?

Love 'em. I've got a strong team.

5. Any other thoughts on the season in general?

Talk to me after the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment