Monday, December 03, 2007

woe is me

I'll start with the Chiefs who have lost 5 in a row. Most depressing? 2-5 at home with a game against the Titans left on the schedule. The Arrowhead advantage has gone missing this year.

My home team picks are at 27 right now. Sure I have Brady, Welker and Pats D, but 27? I think this is the first time that I've ever picked an injured player (Fitzgerald) and I picked the worst time to pick Gates (0).

Further frustrating, I am suddenly on the outside looking in at the Construda playoffs. I need Welker and Gostowksi to put up 28 tonight. Certainly possibly, but not likely. They've done that twice in 11 games this year. If I don't get that, I need Rishi's team to blow it next week, which looks doubtful right now. Ugh, just when you think you're safe...

But alas, Illinois is going to the Rose Bowl. I'll be in LA at the time. Tickets are $300+ A wild turn of events. I think it's worth noting that this year Illinois could have gone 11-1 and the best they could have hoped for would be a Rose Bowl. In fact, in a season like 2003 or 2005, they could have gone 12-0 and landed in the Rose Bowl. Just wild.

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, Construda is quite interesting right now, particularly if Rishi holds onto his lead.

    Since Mark and I both have only Moss left I'll keep my lead on him, but you'll probably still be a nose ahead of me overall after this week (despite Favre's ugly -2) which is pretty bananas.

    So you thinking of getting Illinois tix? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a pretty bad weekend for your fantasy and real life. I'm with you in real life. Our teams seem to be free falling.

    As for fantasy, Burnsy is down 9 in Home Team and it looks like you're not going to make the playoffs, save a West Virginia-like choke from Rishi. All of a sudden, the winner of Kirat-Niraj plays Rishi and the loser gets me and my currently terrible team.

    As for getting Rose Bowl tickets, I think the game will be much like the Sugar Bowl in 2002, so if you think going to that is worth $300, then go for it.

    About picking injured players, why does Home Team have to lock on Thursdays? That makes it a lot tougher on injuries, although Fitz wasn't ruled out until gametime.

    ReplyDelete