Tuesday, April 22, 2008

50%

I'm halfway there. I'm excited because I was able to write these last 5,000 words (what I'm assuming to be 10% of the end product) in just a week. Now I don't expect to keep up that pace, since it was almost all novel, all the time. But if I can manage to stick to a 10% every 2 weeks pace, that would currently have me finished by July 2nd.

Another way of looking at it, is that I started on January 25, so that's basically halfway there in 3 months. Which would have me finished by July 25.

Although I'd rather finish in June, I'd take July. That would still give me time to let it settle in mind, then come back with a few months of revising before my intended release date.

2 comments:

  1. what's this target date you're talking about? opening of football season? halloween? your birthday? september 11th? am i close?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well obviously if I wanted to be public already, I would have said so.

    Once it gets closer, I'll make a big stink about it

    ReplyDelete