Wednesday, April 02, 2008

college hoops 2k5

I took a break from Guitar Hero 3 (after getting 5 stars on Medium for Weezer & Rage, and my wife got 5 stars on Medium for Killers, and I got a perfect song on Easy for Alice Cooper.) to play some more College Basketball. I dig it out every March, and 2k5 still continues to be extremely playable.


Great gameplay, plenty of options, they even have the white, blue and ORANGE Illini jerseys. Plus, this roster is the Illinois Final Four squad, so who needs updated rosters?

A week ago, I created the 08 Sweet 16, and was playing them through according to who I wanted to win in my bracket. But last night I decided to do it right, and I created Stephen Curry, and decided to take control of Davidson only and try and make my way though the 64 team bracket. I set it up so I would meet the right opponent in each round, but didn't actually customize the entire 64 teams because that would have taken hours. So last night I played their first round game against Gonzaga.

I knew he was small, so at first I made him 5' 8". But when I took him into the game, he looked ridiculous. So I looked him up, and he's actually 6'3". So I fixed that, and he's still small but looks right.

Curry went off. He started 4-4 from distance, but I remember that despite that, Davidson was only up 16-12 in the first half. At halftime it was 18-18. But in the second half, Davidson got on a run, and won by double digits. I think Curry had 39 of the teams 45 points, including 9 out of 14 from beyond the arc. In fact, I think he missed his last 2 3-pointers in garbage time, so at one point he was shooting 75%.

I was ready to play Georgetown, but when I simulated their game, Vermont won. So I had to shut it down without saving that result, and will have to save and load to get the matchups I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment