Thursday, January 08, 2009

my favorite players in the league

These are not the best players on each team. These are the guys that play the game the right way, or that I like for some stupid reason unrelated to football.

AFC East

Dolphins - Ronnie Brown. I like his style.
Pats - Almost went with Welker, but you have to give it up to Mr. Construda: Maroney.
Bills - It sure as shit aint Lee Evans. He never shows up. Moorman is the toughest punter in the league.
Jets - Leon Washington. I like the fast running backs.

AFC North
Ravens - Easy. Ed Reed. Plays the game the way it should be.
Steelers - Also easy. Polamalu. See Reed, Ed. These two guys were the inspiration for this post.
Browns - Josh Cribbs. When in doubt, go with the good special teamers. Definitely not Braylon Eddrops.
Bengals - Ocho Cinco. Call me sentimental, but I long for the days when he would actually get in the end zone.

AFC South
Titans - Haynesworth. Even when he's not stomping faces.
Colts - I would pick Bob Sanders but he's never healthy. Dwight Freeney.
Texans - Steve Slaton. See Washington, Leon.
Jags - MJD. I like the way he blocks.

AFC West
Chargers - Gates and Sproles are good. I like Cromartie.
Chiefs - Dwayne Bowe - A spark on an otherwise lackluster team.
Broncos - Brandon Marshall. I like anyone who can survive McDonald's wrappers.
Raiders - Apparently Nnamdi is good. Whatever, I'm not picking a favorite Raider. Fuck them.

NFC East
Giants - Osi Umenyiora. I don't think I need to explain.
Eagles - Westbrook. He does it all.
Cowboys - DeMarcus Ware. I like pass rushers. He's good.
Redskins - Portis aka Southeast Jerome.
NFC North
Vikings - Purple Jesus. He runs through people.
Bears - Forte. He's old school. So is Urlacher, but eh...
Packers - Jordy Nelson. For a while I thought he might be a Chief. Local guy.
Lions - Megatron. How he didn't win them one game is beyond me.

NFC South
Panthers - Julius Peppers. He's awesome. So is Steve Smith, but Peppers gets the nod.
Falcons - Michael Turner. Both him and Brees were good at San Diego, and I'm glad they're not there anymore.
Bucs - As of 12/8/08, it's Antonio Bryant.
Saints - Brees. The only QB on the list. He's as tall as me.

NFC West
Cardinals - Boldin. I like the way he plays through face injuries.
49ers - Singletary. I like coaches that drop their pants.
Seahawks - This division's terrible. I can't even remember, do I like Julian Peterson?
Rams - Shit, I don't know. I guess S-Jax. My least favorite player in the league might be Richie Incognito. He sucks.

Did I forget anyone? Let me know who your favorites are in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment