Thursday, January 08, 2009

Sunset Highway (Route 26 to Portland)



So considering this was recorded without a proper camcorder, and edited without proper software, and YouTube wouldn't let me use "Night Drive" by Jimmy Eat World, I suppose this turned out pretty good. YouTube let me choose some copyright-free music. This is "Destination Nonspecific" by Colin Mutchler.

Update:
I've used Vimeo to upload the original video I created with the Jimmy Eat World song. Please vote for which one you like better in the comments below.


Sunset Highway (Route 26 to Portland) from dave fymbo on Vimeo.

6 comments:

  1. I actually like the youtube version better. The simplicity of the song is more fitting. I feel like the Jimmy Eat World track is almost too epic sounding. In the Youtube version I was drawn in more by the visuals than the music which I think is more important.

    Nice work anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of those 2 I'd go with JEW because it's got a better beat. But really, you should pair Let's Drive with it...you may recall it's the song that made a bunch of people getting speeding tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first song better. However, the second song is timed better to end with the video footage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i usually like to be unique and offer different perspectives and insights, but i agree with the others - i prefer #1. Both are great though - nice job, friend.

    ReplyDelete