Thursday, December 23, 2010

BS SB II: Media Day Interview #1: Harlan


1. What was your draft day strategy?


Without giving away my strategy too much - - At the time - this season has proven to change my draft style based on certain performances and the initial waiver wire - I draft the thinnest (talent wise) position first. At the time it was quarterback. It was easy to get a decent running back late or tight end, This season that has seemed to have changed with Sam Bradford, and David Gerrard probably being available deeper than the first round next year.

2. Any mistakes or regrets this season?

I will never draft Joseph Addai again.

3. Any smack you want to talk about your chances of winning it all?

Not really, for the first quarter of the season I didn't expect to be here so I'm just content. As long as I perform well that's all I care about.

4. If you don't win the SB, will this season be a failure?

Not at all, I have a 7 game winning streak and won one week without a QB (Rogers got hurt and gave me 1 point)

5. Anything else you want to get off your chest?

We need to make the bench smaller next year - every person literally has two teams and this takes too many players off waivers in a 12 person league. Also the special teams performance should be attributed to the individual as well as a team, ie: i should have gotten points for Dez Bryants 2 returns for tds this year.

Editor's Note: I put up a poll before the season about how to handle special teams touchdowns and the league voted to keep it to just defense/special teams. The competition committee will bring this to another vote next offseason.

No comments:

Post a Comment